"And now these three remain:faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
-1 Corinthians 13:13

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Still Going Strong


Today is Our 3 year Wedding Anniversary! My O my, where has the time gone? I wish I could document every. single. moment. of this marriage in some type of scrapbook or mental photograph that I won't be able to forget, but I think that is where "enjoying the small things" in life fit right in. In Romans 12:10, Paul encourages us to "Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." As this clock continually clicks the seconds away until we become grandparents and grow old together, I find myself falling more in love with the boy I have been with for the past eight years. Why? Because, he knows me better than anyone on this earth. He knows every flaw, every weakness, and every stubborn attempt to get my way when I want it. But, he still loves me anyway. We've grown so much together in Christ, our marriage, and in the raising of a blessed child. How wonderful and beautiful God's plan was and is for us. I cherish the little things in our marriage that make us who we are as one and who we are as parents. My love for him continues to grow and I look to the future with a smile on my face and warmth in my heart knowing I get to spend it with him. I love you Lewis and Happy Anniversary!






"...that together you, with one voice, may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Romans 15:6

"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."
-1 Timothy 4:12

"A wife is bound to her husband as long as he lives." -1 Corinthians 7:39

The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” -Genesis 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment