"And now these three remain:faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
-1 Corinthians 13:13

Monday, April 2, 2012

New Spring, New Life, New Hope


Spring is has made her beautiful and magical debut. From the beautiful flowers, to the singing birds, it's a new beginning for so many things. I am finding that anything new... is always different. Just like the flowers that blossom each year, or the trees that take a different form of budding each season. Conway, AR has been just that. Different, yet beautiful, because I know this is where the Lord has called us to be at this time in our lives. I am missing so many things about our "home" in Mayhew/Starkville. From our sweet neighbors, to all of our wonderful friends, and especially our church. A dear friend of mine told me that when you move and start new chapters of your life, that it is best to treasure past memories that you had instead of clinging to them. That is what I am trying to do. This move has been hard and difficult for me, but exciting. Lewis and I both are in a new world on a day to day basis. He is adapting to all of the traveling and busyness of his job and I, on the other hand, am experiencing the highs and lows of being a stay at home wife and mom in a new place. Jane Kimmel is adjusting as well as she can (i think). She definitely misses her little friends and her "routine" of actually going to school each day. I am in constant prayer for her, thinking that she is in some way "missing out" on things, but then again I tell myself... "Meredith, she is 3 and she is FINE!" And not to mention I am just emotional anyway these days! I can't believe baby will be here in about 13 weeks. Oh my! I just can't wait to meet her :) In James, he tells us that our faith is tested when we experience various trials and for us to consider it a great joy, for when this happens our faith is able to persevere! Now, if that doesn't give me hope, I don't know what does! So... It is a new place, a new beginning, a new Spring, and a new hope! Pray for us and our transition. As we will continue to do for all our friends and family miles away. Much love readers...
(Updates and pictures on our new home coming soon)

4 comments:

  1. Ah Mer, you made me cry. I am praying for y'all and hope that you keep adjusting well. You're the best. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, my sweet Mer. And ditto to Kels--made me cry, too. Katie and I are coming to visit you soon, so just get ready for 2 excited house guests! Miss y'all so much. I am so proud of y'all following God's will without reservation...He WILL bless you for your faithfulness!!! Praying daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! You mentioned me (or at least what I told you) in your blog! I feel so special! We miss y'all, too!! Praying that God will show you His way in everything. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about y'all! I hope the last 13 weeks fly by! I'll call when I put Harper down. She takes these inconvenient one hour naps :( We're having gas issues, if you can only imagine. Tell Louis we said hello! Can't wait to catch up on your life! SO SO happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete